Friday, June 1, 2012

Mesquite Rodeo in Mesquite, TX

I used to attend the Rodeo back in the old days, when the arena was not air-conditioned.  I went regularly, and it was a lot of fun to watch.  I knew then that when I was older and had kids of my own,  I would want to take them to see the rodeo.

These days, the Mesquite Rodeo is inside with a temperature-controlled atmosphere.  You can expect to see some bull riding, barrel racing, roping, as well as some comedy and country music.

There are things for the kids to do like the petting zoo, pony rides, and the run with a calf (where the kids try to see who can get the ribbon off of the calf first).  Snow cones and barbecue are the offerings should you get thirsty or hungry. 

The rodeo goes every Friday and Saturday night through the Summer, and prices vary depending on what kind of seats you want. 

Cost:
Corral Seats: $12
Reserved Seats: $12 child and $24 adult
VIP Seats: $17 child and $34 adult
Suites are available as well

No comments:

Post a Comment